5 Best Toronto Movers - Discover the Best Moving Companies in TO for your condo, apartment or your home.
Few things in life are as stressful as moving – whether it is a residential home, an office or a storage locker, packing everything you own in a logical, safe and organized way is always difficult (and that’s if everything goes according to plan). A good moving company in Toronto who offers a fair price, treats your belongings with care and respect and works efficiently is absolutely essential to your move being successful.
But how do you find one? The internet contains a labyrinth of review sites all providing conflicting reports on the quality or lack of quality for the various moving companies, making it very difficult to separate the good from the bad. At MovingWaldo we want to help and guide people through this maze, which is why we collated information about the five best movers in Toronto and the GTA – presenting an easy comparison that allows you to see clearly.
Planning a move without bad surprises goes beyond selecting the right movers. From today to moving day, be on top of your game by asking the right questions, validate key information and plan for the little things. Choose one of our curated moving companies today and download this step-by-step guide for everything else you need to know.
Wrong location? Find curated movers for your area here.
MovingWaldo's List of The Best Moving Companies in Toronto, ON
Let’s Get Moving & Storage is an award-winning moving company that covers the Greater Toronto Area and other parts of Ontario and Quebec. They provide a variety of moving services including – residential moves, commercial moves and relocation, junk removal services, professional cleaning services and storage. The company has garnered an excellent reputation during its 10 years in business – winning the prestigious Yelp moving award in 2016, 2017 and 2018, 2019 and 2020 and was also placed in the top 3 of Toronto’s best moving companies in 2018, 2019 and 2020. They received the Consumers Choice award for 2020 as well as the Best of Homestars 2020 award!! They definitely go above and beyond to give the best customer service and outstanding clients moving experience possible with affordable rates.
- Pricing – hourly rates start as low as $109 per hour + travel time
- Areas Covered –Toronto, Richmond Hill and the Greater Toronto Area, other parts of Ontario and Quebec
- Better Business Bureau rating – A+ (Accredited since 2017) What is this?
- In business since – 2010
Reviews of Let's Get Moving & Storage
- Google reviews: 4.9 stars based on 844 reviews
- HomeStars reviews: 9.9 out of 10 based on 150+ reviews
- Facebook: 5 out of 5 based on 70 reviews
- Yellow Pages: 5/5 based on 40+ reviews
Services offered by Let's Get Moving & Storage
- Residential Moving Services –Customizable residential moving service, allowing you to choose from options such as packing, unpacking or just basic moving. Their friendly team of experts are always on hand to help you make the choice that is right for moving your apartment, condo and your home.
- Office and Commercial Moving Service –Move from your office or commercial building to another one – providing a bespoke service that is tailored to your needs.
- Relocation Services – Relocate in the Greater Toronto area, other parts of Ontario and Quebec– offering a variety of services to suit your needs.
- Packing Services –Pack your belongings and then move them for you or allow you to move them yourself.
- Junk Removal Services – Have the movers take away unwanted furniture to dispose of for your convenience
- Storage – Providing temperature controlled storage vaults with 24/7 security with weekly prorated pricing
- Professional Cleaning with Prima Cleaners – Their sister company Prima Cleaners can take care of deep cleaning services needed when moving in and out of your home
Metropolitan Movers is one of the best-known moving companies in Canada. Active in downtown Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area they offer a variety of services with reasonable rates. Being present on the market since 2010 the company offers stress-free full moving and packing service for all commercial and residential clients. Their sales agents and customer service are available to answer all your moving questions with a click of a button on their main page. Metropolitan Movers are verified and reliable in the moving industry. Their service includes home and business moving, packing service and various storage facilities to accommodate all types of unique moving situations.
Reviews of Metropolitan Movers in Toronto
- Google reviews: 3.8 stars based on 93 reviews
- Homestars reviews: 8.2/10 based on 382+ reviews
Services offered by Metropolitan Movers in Toronto
- Moving and deliveries
- Apartments and condo moving
- Disassembly and Assembly
- Packing / Unpacking
- Delivery of packing materials
- Storage of various sizes
- Piano/ Pool table moving
- Commercial and residential services
Miracle Movers has never sought to win awards in all of its 22 years of delivering a wide range of moving, packing and storage services to its local customers in Toronto, as well as to all of its residential and commercial customers across Canada. With a team of courteous, careful and efficient movers coordinated by knowledgeable and customer-oriented office staff, this moving company has been successful at winning their customers’ Trust and outstanding customer service. And proof of that is their numerous and always increasing referrals and return customers!
Honesty, Integrity and Transparency matters most at Miracle Movers! The level of service and company’s name will speak for themselves!
- Pricing: Hourly rate ranging from $99 to $129 for 2 movers plus a standard Truck Fee
- Area Covered: Greater Toronto Area to anywhere in Ontario
- BBB Rating: A+ (accredited 2019)
- Established: Since 2008
Reviews of Miracle Movers in Toronto
- Google: 4.4 stars based on 316 reviews
- HomeStars: 9.1 out of 10 based on 641 reviews
- Mymovingreviews: 4.7 stars based on 214 reviews
- TrustedPros: 4.9 stars based on 100 reviews
Services offered by Miracle Movers in Toronto
- Residential moves
- Office and Commercial moves
- Packing and Unpacking
- Office furniture Installation
- Furniture assembly
- White-Glove moves
- Plastic bins rental
- Storage services
- Local and long distance moves
- Interprovincial relocations
Established in 2014, You Move Me aims to bring a customer-service focus to the moving industry. With their company slogan being “We move you, not just your boxes,” they custom tailor every move to your specific needs. They do so by focusing on four promises; they promise to be on time, to have clean equipment and trucks, to have fully trained professional movers and finally they promise not to have any hidden fees. Although basic at first glance, these four promises have allowed them to set a new standard in the moving industry.
- Pricing – Available on demand
- Areas Covered – Toronto and nearby areas
- Better Business Bureau rating – Not Accredited
- In business since – 2014
- One-stop-shop, everything from moving supplies to packing services
- Fully insured
- Home and floor protection included
- Open 7 days a week
- Video estimates available
- Customer-focused experience
- In-person estimates required for large items such as baby-grand pianos
- They do not move hot-tubs
- Likely on the higher price point
Reviews of You Move Me in Toronto
- Google reviews: 4.5 stars based on 500 reviews
Services offered by You Move Me in Toronto
- Local moving
- Furniture moving
- Senior moving
- Commercial moving
- Office moving
Why Should I choose You Move Me?
You Move Me is a great match for you if you are looking for a worry-free custom solution. They have excellent reviews and reputation which means that you know they are a company you can trust with your move! Their attention to detail, free detailed estimates, and human touch promises a seamless moving experience.
For more than 10 years, High Level Movers have been offering relocation services. Thus, they understand the stress of moving, but also that no move is the same. Because of this, they take it to heart to offer you services that you can customize according to your needs. Whether you just need help transporting your belongings from point A to point B, or you need packing, cleaning and storage services, their moving professionals will customize your moving services according to your needs. Finally, High Level Movers have strong customer reviews demonstrating their experience and the quality of their services.
- Pricing – Available on demand
- Areas Covered – Toronto area, Ottawa area, Vancouver area and Canada
- Better Business Bureau rating – Not accredited
- In business since – 2009
- Online moving cost calculator.
- Strong customer reviews.
- Offer many services (packing, local and long distance, commercial and residential, storage, piano, etc.)
- Their movers receive bonuses when customers are satisfied with the service provided. Therefore, their movers make sure they offer the best, without pushing your time.
- Insurances are included.
- Cancellation fees are charged when the move is delayed or cancelled within 72 hours of the scheduled date.
Reviews of High Level Movers in Toronto
- Google reviews: 4.7 stars based on 631 reviews
Services offered by High Level Movers in Toronto
- Local moving
- Long distance moving
- Residential moving
- Storage services
- Commercial moving
- Garbage removal
- Cleaning services
- Packing supplies
Why Should I choose High Level Movers?
If you need moving services in the GTA, High Level Movers is a great solution. With the help of their specialists, you can customize your service to perfectly meet your needs. They can also help you prepare your moving budget. This can be useful, especially if your move is last minute.
They are available in many locations for local moves, and can also do long distance moves in Canada. With their moving services, you will be able to move stress-free and smoothly.
There are many mover services in Toronto, ON that can help you move into your new property. Any of these companies cover the most popular areas from Eglinton West, Markham, Yorkville, Queen West, and Old Town or anywhere in Ontario. To get the best price, our algorithm has established this listing of the 5 best moving companies in GTA. Follow MovingWaldo top picks and get the best clients experience possible. If you do not find what you are looking for in this list, you should know that the city of Toronto has other well-rated moving companies to offer.
For example, you could investigate movers like Cargo Cabbie, You Move Me or AMJ Campbell who can also help you move your furnitures from your elevator in Toronto to your new home in Mount Pleasant or simply give you a hand with your piano down the stairs.
Prices, availability, ratings and reviews may all vary over time. MovingWaldo does its best to provide accurate data and information, but cannot be held responsible for any information regarding the companies featured in this article.
What’s the BBB? BBB stands for Better Business Bureau and is a North-American organisation whose mission is to help buyers and sellers trust each other. Its rating is based on the number of complaints that a company may receive and how the company handles these complaints. We try to always recommend companies that have A- or higher ratings.
What’s CAM? CAM stands for Canadian Association of Movers. It’s Canada’s only trade association for movers whose goal is to help its members evolve in the industry, while setting a standard of ethics and practices for moving companies in Toronto, Ontario and everywhere in Canada. While it is a great way to gain credibility, not all moving companies are part of CAM.
Other Moving Companies in Ontario
Visit our shop for moving supplies
Share this article on social media
What is MovingWaldo?
MovingWaldo is Canada’s #1 Free Moving Concierge Service. Since 2016, we help millions of Canadians tackle moving tasks in minutes. We care to take the stress away from moving by offering free tools, tips and tricks and referral of service providers that you can trust. MovingWaldo is everything moving under the same roof!
How are moving companies selected?
Our network of movers you can trust is carefully built based on professionalism, years of experience, accreditation, cost effective, awards and social proofs from customers. We care to help you through the maze of information the web provides about this unique industry. You can trust the movers listed here to guide you and your family safely into moving day!
Are you a good moving company?
Frequently Asked Questions about Moving in Toronto
When is the cheapest time to move?
In general, it is cheaper to move in the middle of the week, in the middle of the month, and during the winter.
Moving prices change a lot throughout the year. Like Uber, the more demand there is, the higher the prices are. The general rules to get a discounted rate are:
- It is usually cheaper to move during the week than during the weekend. For instance, some companies will have a different hourly rate on Wednesday than on Saturday. This is likely due to the fact that people avoid taking time off from work to move, hence, there is more demand on weekends.
- Moving in the middle of the month is likely to be cheaper than moving on the last or first day of the month. This is due to the fact that most leases are renewed on the first day of the month, hence, there is more demand on this day.
- Moving during the winter is usually cheaper. December, January or February are most likely less expensive months. April to September is often more expensive since it coincides with the end and the beginning of the school year.
Note: Are you moving in Quebec? The moving rates over the weekend of Canada Day can go as high as three times the normal rate. How’s that possible you say? Most of Quebec’s lease agreements end on July 1rst. Quebecers call it Moving Day.
How many movers will I need? Is hiring two men and a truck sufficient?
Usually, a moving company will provide 2 or 3 movers. The number will depend on the company politics as well as the size of the move.
For instance, if you are moving from a one or two-bedroom apartment without large appliances, two movers will likely do it. On the contrary, if you are moving a house, 3 movers will be a better option.
If the moving company charge by the hour, the total hourly rate will be higher if there are 3 movers. This said, your move could also take less time, and the movers are less likely to accidentally scratch some furniture out of tiredness.
How many hours should I plan for my move?
For a same city move, the minimum will be 3 to 4 hours, but it is likely to be more than this. A two-bedroom apartment can take 4 to 6 hours, and a complete home could go up to 10 hours. Keep in mind that many things can influence the number of hours a move will take:
- The number of movers, usually 2 or 3.
- The number of boxes and furniture. Boxes are fast to move around, but appliances, sofas and specialty items can take a while. If a piece of furniture does not fit the stairs, for instance, you can count up to an hour to take it out through the balcony.
- On what level is your home located? Moving from the tenth floor will take more time.
- How long will it take for the movers to drive from their office, to your current home, then to your new home, and finally go back to the office? Most movers charge from door to door.
Try to evaluate how many trips will the movers need to load and unload everything, then estimate the time for each run. Finally, add the travel time and you should have a first approximation.
How much does it cost to hire a Toronto moving company?
Moving services rate are usually around 60$ to 80$ per hour per man. For instance, at $60 per hour, a 6 hours – 2 men move would cost 720$. You would then need to add gas, insurance, and tip.
Here is some sample data. Please make sure to get a proper quote to budget your move, as every move is different!
- Two-bedroom townhouse between $870 and $1,015
- Two-bedroom apartment with an elevator between $870 and $1,160
- Three-bedroom house around $1,600
- Four-bedroom home around $2,300.
What should I consider when choosing a Toronto moving company?
Selecting a mover is always a tricky thing to do. Since you do not move every year, you usually never had experience with the mover we end up selecting. There are rarely very poor decision, but here are a few things to consider that will help you make an appropriate choice:
Make sure the moving company offers insurance for your belongings.
Look for the BBB Rating. A BBB rating is a measure of customer satisfaction. The highest, the better. Note that not all companies use this rating.
Look for the Canadian Association of Movers (CAM) accreditation. Again, not all companies participate, but it can be a good source of credibility.
How long have they been in business? It is often a great thing when a company is in business for 50 years. We are not saying that young companies are not good, but harder to evaluate.
Where are they located? The closest to you and your new home, the cheaper it will be.
Do they hire full-time employees, or work with contractors? Full-time employees will often give you a guarantee that the reviews are relevant to the team.
Look for reviews from friends and family or turn to online reviews. Take the time to read the reviews and understand it.
Make sure you get multiple moving company quote!
There are many mover services in downtown Toronto to help you move into your new property. To get the best customer satisfaction, our algorithm has established this listing of the 5 best moving companies in GTA. Follow MovingWaldo top picks and get the best experience possible.
If you do not find what you are looking for in this list, you should know that the city of Toronto has other well-rated moving companies to offer. For example, you could investigate movers like Carbo Cabbie, Rent-a-son or TWO MEN AND A TRUCK ® who can also help you move from your condo to your new home and simply give you a hand with an old piano.
How much should I tip movers in Toronto?
First, let’s settle it. Yes, you should tip movers, especially if they did a great job and were respectful of you and your furniture. Moving is not an easy job!
- For an average or small size move of 3 to 4 hours, a reasonable tip would be $25 per mover.
- For a larger move, or if it is a very hot day for instance, do not hesitate to go up to $50 per mover.
- In addition to tips, movers are likely to appreciate non-alcoholic beverages, such as water or Gatorade, or small snacks during the course of the move.
- It is usually recommended to tip at the end when paying the final bill.
- Final note: Reviews. The moving industry is not easy, and online reviews are very important for these companies and also for other families that will be seeking their services later on. Share your experience!
For more information, ready our full post here on how much to tip movers.
Should I hire professional movers or rent a moving truck?
There are a number of things to consider before deciding to hire professional movers or moving by yourself, but the quick answer is: hiring movers is definitely a simpler choice, but will often be more expensive. Here are the things to consider:
- What are you moving? Do you only have a few boxes to move, or are you moving a full-size home with a piano and pool table? Try imagining yourself moving the largest piece of furniture, could you do it?
- To the first point, how is your physical health? Moving is hard on the body, and you surely do not want to break your back over the cost of moving. Hire movers if you think the effort could be too much.
- Are you on a tight schedule, are can you move furniture over a week or a month? The more time you have, the easier it is to do it yourself.
- Do you have specialty items, such as a pool table, a spa or a piano? These are expensive and need technical skills to be moved without properly. Make sure to get professional movers.
What are 5 tips for a perfect move in Toronto?
- Plan your move. The more planning, the better.
- Take measurement at your current and new address. Make sure everything fits.
- Create a Google Drive with all reservations, quotes, lists, insurance, and documents related to your move.
- Label your boxes!
- Always double confirm every reservation.
For MovingWaldo’s ultimate printable moving checklist, click here!
Relevant for your move
Moving out from Montreal is one of the most stressful things you can ever do. Whether it is residential moving, long distance moving, moving cross borders, or commercial moving, the process can be a disaster if
Everything You Must Know Before Moving From Toronto to Montreal Toronto is the most populous city in Canada, with over six million people. During the late 1800s, the city experienced several economic growths, where the Toronto
The Greater Toronto Area takes up a significant portion of the Golden Horseshoe and is the most populous metropolitan area in Canada. If you’re thinking about moving to the GTA, you’ll have the option of living in Toronto and its 25 surrounding municipalities.
Moving from one household to another, emptying the house for renovation purposes, temporarily storing household material will require boxes. There are multiple companies that offers moving supplies that are going to ease your move. MovingWaldo’s top
Living in Vancouver vs. Toronto: Where Should You Live? Toronto is the most populated city in Canada while Vancouver is the third most populated city in Canada. Both are big cities seeing exponential growth due to
Whether you are moving within Toronto or you are moving to Toronto, we decided that we would compile a list of things that you must know when looking to rent in Toronto. Hopefully these tips will allow you to choose wisely when moving.
Need help moving?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving platform and find everything you need for your move. No sign up required!