5 Movers in Windsor that you can trust.
Few things in life are as stressful as moving – whether it is a residential home, an office or a storage locker, packing everything you own in a logical, safe and organised way is always difficult (and that’s if everything goes to plan). A good moving company who offers a fair price, treats your belongings with care and respect and works efficiently is absolutely essential to your move being successful. But, how do you find one of these? The internet contains a labyrinth of review sites all providing conflicting reports on the quality or lack of quality for the various moving companies, making it very difficult to separate the good from the bad. At MovingWaldo we wanted to help guide people through this maze, which is why we collated information about the five best moving companies in the Windsor area – presenting an easy comparison that allows you to see clearly.
Wrong location? Find curated movers for your area here.
MovingWaldo’s list of the 5 best moving company in Windsor
Metropolitan Movers is an award-winning moving company operating in many provinces. It has been operational since 2010 and is rated A+ by the BBB. It has won a series of awards, including the 2012 Consumer Choice Award, the Canadian Franchisees Choice Award between 2014 and 2018, alongside the Top Choice Award between 2014 and 2018. With professional and caring movers, they take care of every moves with efficiency and expertise. Their numerous awards demonstrate how Metropolitan movers is a trusted and reliable company. Finally, they operate according to the highest industry standards to make sure your move goes perfectly.
- Pricing – Available on demand
- Areas Covered –Windsor and all surrounding areas
- Better Business Bureau rating – Not accredited
- In business since – 2010
- Provides industrial, commercial and residential moving, packing and storage solutions
- Assembly and Disassembly of furniture and workstations
- Packing supplies
- Special item handling such as Piano / Pool table
- Do not offer portable storage
- Do not offer international shipping
- End month dates fill up fast
- Do not accept personal cheques
Reviews of Metropolitan Movers
- HomeStar reviews: 8.2 stars based on 400+ reviews
Services offered by Metropolitan Movers
- Moving and deliveries
- Apartments and condo moving
- Disassembly and Assembly
- Packing / Unpacking
- Delivery of packing materials
- Storage of various sizes
- Piano/ Pool table moving
- Commercial and residential services
Why Should I choose Metropolitan Movers?
When looking for a mover in Windsor, Metropolitan Movers is one of the first option that comes to mind. With numerous prizes and good reviews, this is a trusted company that can handle any move, big or small. Over the years, they have acquired experience, professionalism and exceptional customer service that sets them apart from the competition and makes them one of the best options to tackle your move.
Canada Moving is a full-service moving company that provides pretty much every moving service that you could imagine, including office moves, residential moves and international moves. It has been operational since 1890, earning a good reputation over that period of time, shown by its exceptional BBB rating and strong online feedback. This family owned Canadian moving company is making your moving experience their priority whether you need a local or international move. If you want a professional company that does it all, then they just may be the one for you.
- Pricing – Available on demand
- Areas Covered – International
- FREE Consultation
- Guaranteed Price Quotes
- Award-winning Customer Service
- Protection Insurance (Full Protection During Transport)
- Not available in every provinces
Reviews of Canada Moving
- Google: 4.1 stars based on 36 reviews
Services offered by Canada Moving
- Cross country and International moves
- Piano Moving
- Car and vehicle moving
Why Should I choose Canada Moving?
With more than 100 years of experience, Canada Moving is a great option when it comes to international moves, as well as cross country moves. Unlike other international moving services, Canada Moving has partners Worldwide, to make sure that your move is done in the most efficient way. Their trained movers are ready to guide you through your moving process.
3. Little Glens Moving and Storage
Little Glen’s Moving and Storage is a well-known moving company that has operated in Windsor since 1994. It has earnt a good reputation in that time, demonstrated by its excellent Google, Facebook and BBB ratings. Little Glen’s offers a wide variety of moving services and is an excellent choice for anyone who is looking to move in Windsor.
Reviews of Little Glens Moving and Storage
- Facebook: 4.4 based on 21 reviews
- Google: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews
- Yelp: 4/5 based on 10+ reviews
Services offered by Little Glens Moving and Storage
- Last minute local moves in Windsor
- Next-day, long-distance moving throughout Ontario
- Residential and commercial moving
- Piano, Organ, and Safe moving
- Partial and complete packing services
- Packing supplies (boxes, packing paper)
- Plastic office moving containers rentals daily or weekly
- Partial and complete estates bought or sold
- Disposal service
4. Tank Team Movers
Tank Team Movers are a newly formed moving company in Windsor that is quickly earning a good reputation for reliability, trust and efficiency. This is best demonstrated by their A rating at the BBB and good online feedback. Tank Team Movers offers a variety of different services and has modern equipment, making them a great choice for anyone moving in the Windsor area.
- Price – $160 for two movers and a truck
- Areas Covered – Windsor and Essex County
- Better Business Bureau rating – A
- Member of CAM – No
Reviews of Tank Team Movers
- Google: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews
- Facebook: 5 based on 19 review
Services offered by Tank Team Movers
- Residential Moves
- Long distance moves
- International Moves
- Packing and Unpacking
5. The Storage Box
The Storage Box offers something totally different for those who want to manage and control their own move. Put simply, they come and deliver a portable storage box to you and then leave it for you to fill, once you have done that, they will collect it and take it where you need it to be or put it into storage. This makes it an affordable and smart way for people who want a ‘DIY’ move in Windsor and the surrounding area.
Reviews of The Storage Box
- Google reviews: 4.8 stars based on 212 reviews
Services offered by The Storage Box
- Portable Storage Boxes
- Storage facilities
Moving is often synonymous of stress, long administrative tasks and a significant waste of time and money. MovingWaldo helps you solve all these problems in just a few clicks! After some shameless self-promotion, we invite you to discover our free moving tools available to all.
- Update accounts
- Connect Internet, TV and Phone.
- Secure home and auto insurance
- Find resources, checklists and more.
We bring together more than 700 organizations across Canada with a single and simplified form.
Prices, availability, ratings and reviews may all vary over time. MovingWaldo does its best to provide accurate data and information, but cannot be held responsible for any information regarding the companies featured in this article. Unless noted otherwise, MovingWaldo is not taking part in any partnership with the above companies.
What’s the BBB? BBB stands for Better Business Bureau and is a North-American organisation whose mission is to help buyers and sellers trust each other. Its rating is based on the number of complaints that a company may receive and how the company handles these complaints. We try to always recommend companies that have A- or higher ratings.
What’s CAM? CAM stands for Canadian Association of Movers. It’s Canada’s only trade association for movers whose goal is to help its members evolve in the industry, while setting a standard of ethics and practices for moving companies. While it is a great way to gain credibility, not all moving companies are part of CAM.
Other Moving Companies in Ontario
Visit our shop for moving supplies
Share this article on social media
What is MovingWaldo?
MovingWaldo is Canada’s #1 Free Moving Concierge Service. Since 2016, we help millions of Canadians tackle moving tasks in minutes. We care to take the stress away from moving by offering free tools, tips and tricks and referral of service providers that you can trust. MovingWaldo is everything moving under the same roof!
How are moving companies selected?
Our network of movers you can trust is carefully built based on professionalism, years of experience, accreditation, awards and social proofs from customers. We care to help you through the maze of information the web provides about this unique industry. You can trust the movers listed here to guide you and your family safely into moving day!
Are you a good moving company?
Frequently Asked Questions about Moving
When is the cheapest time to move?
In general, it is cheaper to move in the middle of the week, in the middle of the month, and during the winter.
Moving prices change a lot throughout the year. Like Uber, the more demand there is, the higher the prices are. The general rules to get a discounted rate are:
- It is usually cheaper to move during the week than during the weekend. For instance, some companies will have a different hourly rate on Wednesday than on Saturday. This is likely due to the fact that people avoid taking time off from work to move, hence, there is more demand on weekends.
- Moving in the middle of the month is likely to be cheaper than moving on the last or first day of the month. This is due to the fact that most leases are renewed on the first day of the month, hence, there is more demand on this day.
- Moving during the winter is usually cheaper. December, January or February are most likely less expensive months. April to September is often more expensive since it coincides with the end and the beginning of the school year.
Note: Are you moving in Quebec? The moving rates over the weekend of Canada Day can go as high as three times the normal rate. How’s that possible you say? Most of Quebec’s lease agreements end on July 1rst. Quebecers call it Moving Day.
How many movers will I need?
Usually, a moving company will provide 2 or 3 movers. The number will depend on the company politics as well as the size of the move.
For instance, if you are moving from a one or two-bedroom apartment without large appliances, two movers will likely do it. On the contrary, if you are moving a house, 3 movers will be a better option.
If the moving company charge by the hour, the total hourly rate will be higher if there are 3 movers. This said, your move could also take less time, and the movers are less likely to accidentally scratch some furniture out of tiredness.
How many hours should I plan for my move?
For a same city move, the minimum will be 3 to 4 hours, but it is likely to be more than this. A two-bedroom apartment can take 4 to 6 hours, and a complete home could go up to 10 hours. Keep in mind that many things can influence the number of hours a move will take:
- The number of movers, usually 2 or 3.
- The number of boxes and furniture. Boxes are fast to move around, but appliances, sofas and specialty items can take a while. If a piece of furniture does not fit the stairs, for instance, you can count up to an hour to take it out through the balcony.
- On what level is your home located? Moving from the tenth floor will take more time.
- How long will it take for the movers to drive from their office, to your current home, then to your new home, and finally go back to the office? Most movers charge from door to door.
Try to evaluate how many trips will the movers need to load and unload everything, then estimate the time for each run. Finally, add the travel time and you should have a first approximation.
How much does it cost to hire a moving company?
Moving services rate are usually around 60$ to 80$ per hour per man. For instance, at $60 per hour, a 6 hours – 2 men move would cost 720$. You would then need to add gas, insurance, and tip.
Here is some sample data. Please make sure to get a proper quote to budget your move, as every move is different!
- Two-bedroom townhouse between $870 and $1,015
- Two-bedroom apartment with an elevator between $870 and $1,160
- Three-bedroom house around $1,600
- Four-bedroom home around $2,300.
Read our full article on the cost of moving.
What should I consider when choosing a moving company?
Selecting a mover is always a tricky thing to do. Since you do not move every year, you usually never had experience with the mover we end up selecting. There are rarely very poor decision, but here are a few things to consider that will help you make an appropriate choice:
Make sure the moving company offers insurance for your belongings.
Look for the BBB Rating. A BBB rating is a measure of customer satisfaction. The highest, the better. Note that not all companies use this rating.
Look for the Canadian Association of Movers (CAM) accreditation. Again, not all companies participate, but it can be a good source of credibility.
How long have they been in business? It is often a great thing when a company is in business for 50 years. We are not saying that young companies are not good, but harder to evaluate.
Where are they located? The closest to you and your new home, the cheaper it will be.
Do they hire full-time employees, or work with contractors? Full-time employees will often give you a guarantee that the reviews are relevant to the team.
Look for reviews from friends and family or turn to online reviews. Take the time to read the reviews and understand it.
Make sure you get more than one moving company quote!
How much should I tip movers?
First, let’s settle it. Yes, you should tip movers, especially if they did a great job and were respectful of you and your furniture. Moving is not an easy job!
- For an average or small size move of 3 to 4 hours, a reasonable tip would be $25 per mover.
- For a larger move, or if it is a very hot day for instance, do not hesitate to go up to $50 per mover.
- In addition to tips, movers are likely to appreciate non-alcoholic beverages, such as water or Gatorade, or small snacks during the course of the move.
- It is usually recommended to tip at the end when paying the final bill.
- Final note: Reviews. The moving industry is not easy, and online reviews are very important for these companies and also for other families that will be seeking their services later on. Share your experience!
For more information, ready our full post here on how much to tip movers.
Should I hire professional movers or rent a moving truck?
There are a number of things to consider before deciding to hire professional movers or moving by yourself, but the quick answer is: hiring movers is definitely a simpler choice, but will often be more expensive. Here are the things to consider:
- What are you moving? Do you only have a few boxes to move, or are you moving a full-size home with a piano and pool table? Try imagining yourself moving the largest piece of furniture, could you do it?
- To the first point, how is your physical health? Moving is hard on the body, and you surely do not want to break your back over the cost of moving. Hire movers if you think the effort could be too much.
- Are you on a tight schedule, are can you move furniture over a week or a month? The more time you have, the easier it is to do it yourself.
- Do you have specialty items, such as a pool table, a spa or a piano? These are expensive and need technical skills to be moved without properly. Make sure to get professional movers.
What are 5 tips for a perfect move in Niagara Falls?
- Plan your move. The more planning, the better.
- Take measurement at your current and new address. Make sure everything fits.
- Create a Google Drive with all reservations, quotes, lists, insurance, and documents related to your move.
- Label your boxes!
- Always double confirm every reservation.
For MovingWaldo’s ultimate printable moving checklist, click here!
Relevant for your move
A clean house not only results in a clean space, but a clean mind. Cleaning your house is a long and tedious task so why not get your house cleaned by the most trusted cleaners in
Moving internationally is one of the most stressful things you can ever do. Especially when you are moving out of Canada, into the United States or further across the world. Whether you are moving alone or have a
Telecommunication is one of the most critical industries in our society. Today due to the advantages that are taking place in technology, we are connected more than ever. And we are staying connecting by using different services like the Internet, phones and more.
Need help moving?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving platform and find everything your need for your move. No sign up required!