How to change my address with SaskPower?

SaskPower is the main electric utility in the province of Saskatchewan. It currently serves more than 500,000 customers all over the province. It is imperative to notify SaskPower when changing addresses and move your service at your new location, to make sure you’ll have electricity, hot water and/or heating in your new home! In this article, we guide you through the different ways you can change your address with SaskPower.

Need to update your address with more than one organization? Check out our interactive checklist.

Update your Address in Minutes

1. Build your list.
2. Notify +1000 organizations at once.
3. Save time and leave nothing behind! 

Widget Address Change
Saskpower address change

When do I have to change my address with SaskPower?

It takes two days for your SaskPower to process your request, so it is recommended to inform them of your new address preferably before your move-in date. That way, you will be sure to have electricity when you move in and prevent any issues occurring with your service.

How do I change my address with SaskPower?

If you want to:

  • start a service as a new customer,
  • stop your home electrical service,
  • move your service to a new address
  • transfer the billing from your landlord to yourself

You can use the online ExpressAddress platform or call Customer Service at 1 833 585-1661 (Mon-Fri: 8am to 6pm).

What you should know!

You’ll have to pay fees depending on your need:

  • If you are moving your service to a new address or transferring the billing from your landlord to yourself:
    • A $35 + GST connect fee will be added to your next bill
    • Your account number will change when you move. If you currently have automatic payments set, make sure to update it with your account number.
  • If you are starting a new service:
    • A $35 + GST connect fee will be added to your next bill
    • If it is required to come on-site to reconnect your power, the total fee will then be $90 + GST

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I need a new power service for a new home or property?

If you need brand new power service for a condo development, a vacation home or a cabin, you need to apply for a new electrical hookup. There are multiple options available to you, depending if you are a private homeowner, if you’re building a house, or if you need financing. You can see the list of options from which you can choose here under “New Connections.”

If you have more questions about your SaskPower service, you can call Customer Service at 1-888-757-6937 (Mon-Fri: 8am to 6pm).


Lastly, we mentioned in the beginning of this article that notifying SaskPower of your change of address is an important task you need to do before moving. Another integral task you have to take on, if you are living in the province of Saskatchewan, is to notify eHealth Saskatchewan to ensure your Health Card is updated.

Special Mention!

Moving is often synonymous of stress, long administrative tasks and a significant waste of time and money. MovingWaldo helps you solve all these problems in just a few clicks! After some shameless self-promotion, we invite you to discover our free moving tools available to all.

  • Update accounts
  • Connect Internet, TV and Phone.
  • Secure home and auto insurance
  • Find resources, checklists and more.

We bring together more than 700 organizations across Canada with a single and simplified form.


Share this article on social media

Moving tips

Manitoba - TV Provider
TV Service Providers

The 4 Best TV Service Providers in Manitoba

TV has been around in Canada since 1952 when the first stations were broadcast in Toronto and Montreal. To ensure there is enough Canadian content, the government requires that 50% of daily content is Canadian. This

Read more »

Ready to move?

Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving app that will save you up to 10 hours of paperwork. And it’s free.