Top 5 Moving Companies in London, ON that you can trust - Find The Perfect Moving Company Near Me.
Few things in life are as stressful as moving – whether it is a residential home, an office or a storage locker, packing everything you own in a logical, safe and organised way is always difficult (and that’s if everything goes to plan). A good mover in London who offers a fair price, treats your belongings with care and respect and works efficiently is absolutely essential to your move being successful. But, how do you find one of these? The internet contains a labyrinth of review sites all providing conflicting reports on the quality or lack of quality for the various moving companies, making it very difficult to separate the good from the bad. At MovingWaldo we wanted to help guide people through this maze, which is why we collated information about the five best movers in London, Ontario area – presenting an easy comparison that allows you to see clearly.
Planning a move without bad surprises goes beyond selecting the right movers. From today to moving day, be on top of your game by asking the right questions, validate key information and plan for the little things. Choose one of our curated moving companies today and download this step-by-step guide for everything else you need to know.
Wrong location? Find curated movers for your area here.
MovingWaldo’s List of The 5 Best Movers in London, ON
2022 - Best Moving Companies in London, ON according to the reviews found on the web
4.6 stars based on 66 reviews from around the web
A-Zip Moving and Cartage is one of the oldest moving companies in the London area, having been operational since 1949. If offers traditional moving services, including local and long-distance moves, alongside packing and unpacking services. It has been a member of the BBB since 1987, which makes its A+ rating especially impressive.
Moving Services offered by A Zip Moving and Cartage
- Local and Long-distance moves –Local moves charged at an hourly rate, with moves further afield done via estimate
- Packing –Professional packing and unpacking service, using sturdy boxes and containers to protect your belongings.
- Insurance –All items are insured to 60% of their actual value, extra protection can be taken out if needed.
In the city London, A-Zip charges $135.00 per hour for 2 men and $155.00 per hour for 3 men. If your move is outside the city of London, they charge $145.00 per hour for 2 men and $175.00 per hour for 3 men.
BBB Bureau Rating
A+ (Accredited since 1987)
In Business Since
Both local and long-distance moves in London
4.9 stars based on 245 reviews from around the web
Established in 2013, True North Movers have steadily grown to become one of London Ontario’s fastest-growing moving companies starting from humble beginnings. As an award-winning moving company, they strive to make moving a fun, exciting adventure for every client. They alleviate all of the moving hassles for their clients with a delicate approach, so they can focus their attention on soaking in the joy of their next adventure. True North Movers won the 2021 Consumer Choice Award winners for Best Movers in London, Ontario, so you can rest assured knowing your personal belongings are safe in their hands. They have a mindful approach that ensures the quality and safety of your belongings during the move.
Moving Services offered by True North Movers
- Residential and home moving
- Business and commercial moving
- Packing and unpacking
- Student moving
- Senior moving
- Junk removal services
- Same-building moving
- In-home moves
- Specialty moving: moving heavy equipment such as pools, bathtubs, pianos, and more.
Starting at $149 per hour for 2 movers + 24-foot residential moving truck
3-hour minimum with no hidden fees:
- One-bedroom apartment: 3 to 5 hours, $519 to $800
- Two-bedroom apartment: 4 to 7 hours, $609 to $1100
- Three-bedroom house: 6 to 8 hours, $1014 to $1352
- Four-bedroom house: 8 to 12 hours, $1352 to $2028
BBB Bureau Rating
A+ (not accredited)
In Business Since
Local moves within London
Long distance moves within Southwestern Ontario
- Award-winning company
- Free consultation and quotes
- Full-service move options
- Very transparent about costs. Starting rate available on website
- Competitive rates
- Responsive customer support
- Environmentally friendly practices
- No cross province or cross border moves
- Storage and moving supplies available upon request only
Why should I choose True North Movers?
True North Movers stand out as one of the best moving companies in Southwestern Ontario with hundreds of positive 5-star reviews from satisfied customers and many awards won. They offer full-service moves, including packing services and junk removal, that help eliminate the stress from your moving day. You can also request these particular services as stand-alone services. Whether you need just one heavy object to be moved in the house or a full 5-bedroom home move, they can accommodate you. Most importantly, they are upfront and transparent about their pricing and they are one of the only moving companies in Ontario who publicly display their rates.
3435 White Oak Rd Unit 103, London, ON N6E 3A1
4.8 stars based on 975+ reviews from around the web
Metropolitan Movers is one of the best-known moving companies active across Canada. They offer a variety of services at reasonable rates. Being present on the market since 2010 the company offers a stress-free full-moving and packing service for all commercial and residential clients. Their sales agents and customer service are available to answer all your moving questions with a click of a button on their main page. Metropolitan Movers are verified and reliable in the moving industry. Their service includes home and business moving, packing and various storage facilities to accommodate all types of unique moving situations.
Moving Services offered by Metropolitan Movers
- Residential local moves
- Long-distance moves
- Cross-border moves
- Cross-country moves
- Specialized item moves (piano & more)
- Junk removal
- Express moves (last-minute)
- Office and commercial moves
- Commercial storage
- Temporary and long-term storage
- Packing and unpacking
- Assembly and disassembly
Starting from $99 to $150 per hour for two movers (excluding truck)
BBB Bureau Rating
In Business Since
Local moves in Ontario, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia. Long-distance moves between and within those provinces and to Quebec as well. Cross-border moves to Miami and NYC from Toronto only.
Why do we recommend Metropolitan Movers for your move in London?
MovingWaldo above all recommends Metropolitan Movers for their dedication to providing the best customer service in the industry. With their 94% customer referral rate and hundreds of excellent online reviews, hiring Metropolitan Movers is a no-brainer. They’re always looking for innovative ways to improve themselves and make moves easier for their customers. Metropolitan Movers offers a multitude of services that can meet anyone’s moving requirements. On top of it all they provide transparent pricing and are open 7 days a week in most locations.
380 Wellington St Tower B Suite 600, London, ON N6A 5B5
4.5 stars based on 40 reviews from around the web
BigSteelBox is a Canadian-owned and operated container moving and storage company that makes moving and storage feel better! They can move you across town, or across Canada. Their local moving price includes the 1-month rental of a 20′ BigSteelBox, so you can pack at your pace, and all movements of the container. Plus, if you need storage in between homes that’s no problem because storage is built right into their moving service and easy to add on.
From their storage facility in Dorchester, they’re able to provide moving services and portable storage container rentals and sales to residential and business customers in London, and several cities and towns in southwestern Ontario. Whether you need secure storage at home or on the job site, or you’re moving to a new home, BigSteelBox can help.
Moving Services offered by BigSteelBox
- Local Moving
- Long Distance Moving
- Commercial Moving & Storage
- Container Moving
- Storage at Your Home
- Storage at Our Location
- Boxes and Packing Supplies
- Packing Services
- Free Quotes
Is a Moving Container the right choice for my move ?
- I have an available parking space or equivalent to put the Moving Container for at least a few days at each location.
- I am aware that a BigSteelBox is best for single-family homes.
- I understand it will offer me the flexibility to pack and load at my pace and leisure.
If yes, a Moving Container is a great option for you!
Company rate: $404*
* Price includes the 1-month rental of a 20′ BigSteelBox, empty delivery, movement of the container to your new home, and empty pick up. Price is subject to change without notice and does not include taxes. Price is based on moves within the local service area of this city only. Additional charges may apply to frieght for customers outside the local service area.
BBB Bureau Rating
In Business Since
London and the surrounding area
- Multiple locations across Canada
- Offers storage in between homes
- Moving containers are extremely secure
- Take your time packing
- Limited service for condo/apartment buildings*
- Packing/loading service an additional cost
- Insurance coverage is not offered during transport nor storage. Contact your insurance company for more information.
*Unless you have space for the container for at least one month.
575 Hudson Dr, Dorchester, ON N0L 1G5
5. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®
4.4 stars based on 286 reviews from around the web
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is Canada’s largest franchised local moving company in Canada with a well-earned reputation for efficiency and trustworthiness. They are members of CAM and have earned great Google reviews, while the sheer scale of their operation ensures that you are virtually guaranteed to get a professional move at an affordable price.
Moving Services offered by TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®
- Local moves
- Residential Moves
- Commercial Moves
- Long Distance Moves
- Packing Supplies
- Packing Service
- Moving Tips & Resources
- Piano Moves
Available on demand
BBB Bureau Rating
In Business Since
Alberta, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Saskatchewan
- Top-tier insurance
- Fully licensed and insured
- Free online quotes
- Various locations
- Various moving services
- Office is closed on Sundays
Why Should I choose TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®?
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is Canada’s largest franchised local moving company offering various services. They are experts when it comes to moving big and fragile objects. Most importantly, they are known as the ‘Movers who care’, so your things will be in good hands.
44 Belleisle Ct, London, ON N5V 4L2
There are many mover services in London, ON that can help you move into your new property. Any of these companies cover the most popular areas. To get the best price, our algorithm has established this listing of the 5 best moving companies in London. Follow MovingWaldo top picks and get the best clients experience possible. If you do not find what you are looking for in this list, you should know that the city of London has other well-rated moving companies to offer.
For example, you could investigate movers like You Move Me or AMJ Campbell who can also help you move your furnitures from your elevator to your new home or simply give you a hand with your piano down the stairs.
Prices, availability, ratings and reviews may all vary over time. MovingWaldo does its best to provide accurate data and information, but cannot be held responsible for any information regarding the companies featured in this article. Unless noted otherwise, MovingWaldo is not taking part in any partnership with the above companies.
What’s the BBB? BBB stands for Better Business Bureau and is a North-American organisation whose mission is to help buyers and sellers trust each other. Its rating is based on the number of complaints that a company may receive and how the company handles these complaints. We try to always recommend companies that have A- or higher ratings.
What’s CAM? CAM stands for Canadian Association of Movers. It’s Canada’s only trade association for movers whose goal is to help its members evolve in the industry, while setting a standard of ethics and practices for moving companies. While it is a great way to gain credibility, not all moving companies are part of CAM.
Other Moving Companies in Ontario
Visit our shop for moving supplies
What is MovingWaldo?
MovingWaldo is Canada’s #1 Free Moving Concierge Service. Since 2016, we help millions of Canadians tackle moving tasks in minutes. We care to take the stress away from moving by offering free tools, tips and tricks and referral of service providers that you can trust. MovingWaldo is everything moving under the same roof!
How are moving companies selected?
Our network of movers you can trust is carefully built based on professionalism, years of experience, accreditation, awards and social proofs from customers. We care to help you through the maze of information the web provides about this unique industry. You can trust the movers listed here to guide you and your family safely into moving day!
Are you a good moving company?
Frequently Asked Questions about Moving
When is the cheapest time to move?
In general, it is cheaper to move in the middle of the week, in the middle of the month, and during the winter.
Moving prices change a lot throughout the year. Like Uber, the more demand there is, the higher the prices are. The general rules to get a discounted rate are:
- It is usually cheaper to move during the week than during the weekend. For instance, some companies will have a different hourly rate on Wednesday than on Saturday. This is likely due to the fact that people avoid taking time off from work to move, hence, there is more demand on weekends.
- Moving in the middle of the month is likely to be cheaper than moving on the last or first day of the month. This is due to the fact that most leases are renewed on the first day of the month, hence, there is more demand on this day.
- Moving during the winter is usually cheaper. December, January or February are most likely less expensive months. April to September is often more expensive since it coincides with the end and the beginning of the school year.
How many movers will I need?
Usually, a moving company will provide 2 or 3 movers. The number will depend on the company politics as well as the size of the move.
For instance, if you are moving from a one or two-bedroom apartment without large appliances, two movers will likely do it. On the contrary, if you are moving a house, 3 movers will be a better option.
If the moving company charges by the hour, the total hourly rate will be higher if there are 3 movers. This said, your move could also take less time, and the movers are less likely to accidentally scratch some furniture out of tiredness.
How many hours should I plan for my move?
For a same city move, the minimum will be 3 to 4 hours, but it is likely to be more than this. A two-bedroom apartment can take 4 to 6 hours, and a complete home could go up to 10 hours. Keep in mind that many things can influence the number of hours a move will take:
- The number of movers, usually 2 or 3.
- The number of boxes and furniture. Boxes are fast to move around, but appliances, sofas and specialty items can take a while. If a piece of furniture does not fit the stairs, for instance, you can count up to an hour to take it out through the balcony.
- On what level is your home located? Moving from the tenth floor will take more time.
- How long will it take for the movers to drive from their office, to your current home, then to your new home, and finally go back to the office? Most movers charge from door to door.
Try to evaluate how many trips will the movers need to load and unload everything, then estimate the time for each run. Finally, add the travel time and you should have a first approximation.
How much does it cost to hire a moving company?
Moving services rates are usually around 60$ to 80$ per hour per man. For instance, at $60 per hour, a 6 hours – 2 men move would cost 720$. You would then need to add gas, insurance, and tip.
Here is some sample data. Please make sure to get a proper quote to budget your move, as every move is different!
- Two-bedroom townhouse between $870 and $1,015
- Two-bedroom apartment with an elevator between $870 and $1,160
- Three-bedroom house around $1,600
- Four-bedroom home around $2,300.
Read our full article on the cost of moving.
What should I consider when choosing a moving company?
Selecting a mover is always a tricky thing to do. Since you do not move every year, you usually never had experience with the mover we end up selecting. There are rarely very poor decision, but here are a few things to consider that will help you make an appropriate choice:
Make sure the moving company offers insurance for your belongings.
Look for the BBB Rating. A BBB rating is a measure of customer satisfaction. The highest, the better. Note that not all companies use this rating.
Look for the Canadian Association of Movers (CAM) accreditation. Again, not all companies participate, but it can be a good source of credibility.
How long have they been in business? It is often a great thing when a company is in business for 50 years. We are not saying that young companies are not good, but harder to evaluate.
Where are they located? The closest to you and your new home, the cheaper it will be.
Do they hire full-time employees, or work with contractors? Full-time employees will often give you a guarantee that the reviews are relevant to the team.
Look for reviews from friends and family or turn to online reviews. Take the time to read the reviews and understand it.
Make sure you get more than one moving company quote!
How much should I tip movers?
First, let’s settle it. Yes, you should tip movers, especially if they did a great job and were respectful of you and your furniture. Moving is not an easy job!
- For an average or small size move of 3 to 4 hours, a reasonable tip would be $25 per mover.
- For a larger move, or if it is a very hot day for instance, do not hesitate to go up to $50 per mover.
- In addition to tips, movers are likely to appreciate non-alcoholic beverages, such as water or Gatorade, or small snacks during the course of the move.
- It is usually recommended to tip at the end when paying the final bill.
- Final note: Reviews. The moving industry is not easy, and online reviews are very important for these companies and also for other families that will be seeking their services later on. Share your experience!
For more information, read our full post here on how much to tip movers.
Should I hire professional movers or rent a moving truck?
There are a number of things to consider before deciding to hire professional movers or moving by yourself, but the quick answer is: hiring movers is definitely a simpler choice, but will often be more expensive. Here are the things to consider:
- What are you moving? Do you only have a few boxes to move, or are you moving a full-size home with a piano and pool table? Try imagining yourself moving the largest piece of furniture, could you do it?
- To the first point, how is your physical health? Moving is hard on the body, and you surely do not want to break your back over the cost of moving. Hire movers if you think the effort could be too much.
- Are you on a tight schedule, or can you move furniture over a week or a month? The more time you have, the easier it is to do it yourself.
- Do you have specialty items, such as a pool table, a hot tub or a piano? These are expensive and need technical skills to be moved without properly. Make sure to get professional movers.
What are 5 tips for a perfect move in Brampton ?
- Plan your move. The more planning, the better.
- Take measurement at your current and new address. Make sure everything fits.
- Create a Google Drive with all reservations, quotes, lists, insurance, and documents related to your move.
- Label your boxes!
- Always double confirm every reservation.
For MovingWaldo’s ultimate printable moving checklist, click here!
Share this article on social media
Relevant for your move
A clean house not only results in a clean space, but a clean mind. Cleaning your house is a long and tedious task so why not get your house cleaned by the most trusted cleaners in
If it is time to find another Internet and TV service provider, you might find that the move is not so easy. Today as the world is more and more digitalized, it’s normal that we want to have the best services around this. However, finding the right distributor can be tricky sometimes, so this is why we decided to research some suggestions.
Moving is one of the most stressful things you can ever do. Whether it is residential moving, long distance moving, moving cross borders, or commercial moving, the process can be a disaster if you don’t trust
Moving internationally is one of the most stressful things you can ever do. Especially when you are moving out of Canada, into the United States or further across the world. Whether you are moving alone or have a
So, you’ve probably heard about the big truck rental company, U-Haul, right? Well, did you know that they are not your only option when it comes to renting a moving truck? Moving is already very stressful
Need help moving?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving platform and find everything you need for your move. No sign up required!