TV Licence Change of Address: Online, By Phone, Email & Mail
Planning a move soon? The gazillion things on your moving to-do list are enough to make you go mad. From packing and winding up things to looking for new places, schools, and everything in between, moving can be a demanding task.
Touching on “everything in between,” changing the address of your TV licence is an important task and should not be neglected.
If you are clueless about how to proceed, just take our help. MovingWaldo’s article aims to make the whole process a breeze for you by offering a complete guide to TV licence change of address online, by phone, by email and by post!
Four ways to change your address on your TV licence
There are four simple ways to change your address on your TV licence and it is completely free. Here is a detailed and step-by-step breakdown that you can follow for a change of address for a TV licence.
Option #1: TV Licence change of address online
The most efficient and easy way to change a TV licence address is online. Follow these steps for help:
- Visit the TV licensing official website.
- Click on the update button. This will lead you to a form that requires your information like your TV licence number, your name, your address (previous and new), your postal code and your date of the move.
- Fill in all the correct information you have been asked for.
- Click submit so that your request is scheduled.
Note: If you can’t find your licence number, you can let TV Licensing know your new address by using their “Contact us form”. You’ll have to provide your name, your previous address, your new address, as well as the date of the move.
Option #2: TV licence change of address by phone
The second option for a change of address for TV licence is by phone at 0300 790 6112. It is also a simple process to choose, especially if you are not tech-savvy. Here are the steps to follow.
- Keep at hand all your information like your TV licence number, your name, your current and previous address, postal code and your move date. This is to avoid any kind of chaos while you are on a call.
- Call on the official number of TV Licensing UK for the change of address.
- Follow the instructions by IVR and provide all the necessary information.
Option #3: TV licence change of address by email
We promise you that even our third option is not difficult either. You just have to be proficient in using the computer and have to have an email address.
- Send an email to TV Licensing UK at email@example.com to change the address on your TV licence.
- Provide all the required information, including your TV licence number, name, current and previous address and your date of moving. Don’t forget to add the postal code of your previous and current residences.
- Your request is submitted.
Option #4: TV licence change of address by post
Our last option may take a little more time to process than the previously mentioned options. Read the steps to move ahead.
- Write a request application for a TV licence change of address.
- This application should include all the necessary information mentioned in the other three previous options.
- Mail your application to TV Licensing, Darlington, DL98 1TL.
- Your request is submitted once your mail reaches the processing unit. Wait for the confirmation.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about TV licence change of address
I’m moving, when do I need to change my address on my TV Licence?
It is recommended to change your address on your TV Licence at least 2 weeks in advance, but you have the opportunity to update it up to three months before you move.
How can I transfer my TV Licence to someone else?
To transfer your TV Licence to someone else, you can give TV Licensing written permission to transfer it to the person moving to your previous address. Write to TV Licensing, Darlington DL98 1TL to complete the transfer.
Where can I find my TV Licence number?
There are a few places where you can find your TV licence number:
- Your TV licence card or any letter you get from TV Licensing UK
- Your bank statements (these are not visible on mobile apps)
- Your inbox. Simply search your ‘inbox’ for emails from “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Your online record via your licensed address (you will find that under your registered property name and number)
I’ve moved in with someone who already has a TV Licence, do I still need my licence?
If you move in with someone who already owns a licence, then the most important thing to check is if their licence covers you.
If yes, then you don’t need to get a separate one. The other person here can be a spouse, family member, partner, joint mortgagor or tenancy holder. If you are the tenant or lodger at the new place, then you have to get it transferred to your new address.
How can I cancel my TV licence?
If you feel that you don’t need a TV licence and prefer to cancel it, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of TV Licensing UK.
- On this page, you will see two options; refund and cancellation.
- Click on the cancellation option.
- You will be directed to a request cancellation form. Fill in all the prerequisites and click on the next page at the bottom.
- Click submit, and your cancellation request is forwarded along with a refund request.
*Once your TV licence is cancelled, you will no longer be entitled to watch or record live TV on any channel or service. Neither will you be able to download or watch BBC programmes on BBC iPlayer.
With relocation comes a lot of responsibilities of packing, planning and updating. We agree that moving is stressful, but changing the address on your TV licence shouldn’t be. You just have to figure out a foolproof way to change the address on your TV licence. There are four ways to do so — online, by phone, by post, or by email. The only thing you just have to pick is the method that is the most feasible for you!
Share this article on social media
Relevant for your move
Numerous factors need to be considered when searching for the best van hire company in Birmingham. It is especially important to search for positive and negative reviews from past clients, the size of the lorry fleet
Moving from California to Arizona: Everything You Need to Know If you are thinking about moving to Arizona from California but you are not sure if becoming a resident of the Grand Canyon State is the
Numerous factors need to be considered when searching for the best van hire company in Manchester. It is especially important to search for positive and negative reviews from past clients, the size of the lorry fleet
The process of choosing the best self-storage company in Southampton can be difficult since there are tons of aspects to consider. Online feedback, complaints, professionalism, awards won, and the type and number of services a storage
Need help moving?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving platform and find everything you need for your move. No sign up required!