Best Moving Companies Banff - Find the perfect moving company near me.
Looking for the best moving companies in Banff ? Here’s how we help. We’ve built a list of curated movers that you can trust, based on consumer reviews from around the web. Trust us to find you the best movers near you in Banff. From home moves to apartments, condos, townhouses, and high-rises – those moving companies have experience to meet all of your requirements.
MovingWaldo’s list of the 3 best movers in Banff
What is MovingWaldo?
MovingWaldo is Canada’s #1 Free Moving Concierge Service. Since 2016, we help millions of Canadians tackle moving tasks in minutes. We care to take the stress away from moving by offering free tools, tips and tricks and referral of service providers that you can trust. MovingWaldo is everything moving under the same roof!
How are moving companies selected?
Our network of movers you can trust is carefully built based on professionalism, years of experience, accreditation, awards and social proofs from customers. We care to help you through the maze of information the web provides about this unique industry. You can trust the movers listed here to guide you and your family safely into moving day!
Are you a good moving company?
4.6 stars based on 220 reviews from around the web
Certified by The Canadian Association of Movers, Sparta Movers is a well-established Calgary-based moving & storage company providing top quality local, long-distance as well as International relocation services for both residential and commercial customers. Moving, Packing, Storage, Office Moving, Residential Moving, Packing supplies, Plastic box rentals, Deliveries, Junk removal, Local and long distance + More! Sparta Movers offers a structured approach that is proficient, adaptable and elegant allowing for tailored solutions for any move. Sparta Movers is able to take on the most detail demanding job to provide affordable premium custom solutions. Sparta Movers is uncompromising in it’s quality and ensures uniformity and consistency throughout any customer experience. They achieved an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and have continuously been receiving 5-star reviews across the web. Sparta Movers – Elegantly There!
Services offered in Banff
- Local Moving
- Cross-country and Worldwide Moving
- Packing supplies & services
- Plastic boxes rental
- Warehouse and Mobile Container Storage
- Office moving / Corporate relocation
- Home staging / restaging
- Junk removal
- Piano & Heavy Item moving
From $125 per hour for a truck and 2 men (based on availability)
BBB Bureau Rating
A+ (Accredited since 2017)
In Business Since
Calgary, Chestermere, Langdon, Heritage Point, De Winton, Okotoks, Black Diamond, High River, Millville, Priddis, Bragg Creek, Elbow Valley, Cochrane, Balzac, Airdrie, Crossfield, Carstairs, Irricana, Olds, Canmore, High River, Bears paw, Banff, Strathmore, Black Diamond, Drumheller
4451 61 Ave SE, Unit 3, Calgary AB T2C 1Z6
4.1 stars based on 2000+ reviews from around the web
Established by Scott Burley and his son Josh in 2009, 2 Burley Men Moving is a BC-based moving company providing local and long-distance moves, along with moving supplies and storage services. Since the process caters to moving valuables, the company carries industry-standard insurance and assures well-trained and insured movers through the Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB). Also, all vehicles undergo regular maintenance to avoid any breakdowns during the move. Its fleet is constantly upgraded in 3, 5, and 7-ton trucks.
Services offered in Banff
- Local moves
- Long distance moves
- Moving supplies and boxes
- Cleaning through Burley Cleaning
2 men and a truck from $150/hour
BBB Bureau Rating
A (not accredited)
In Business Since
Mainly provide local moving services throughout BC (Victoria, Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Kelowna and surrounding areas) and Alberta (Calgary, Edmonton, and surrounding areas).
- 95% customer referral rate
- Free quotes by phone and email
- Great reviews from reliable websites
- All vehicles are constantly up for regular maintenance and upgrading
- Carries industry standard insurance
- Limited number of services
- Do not offer long distance moves to Quebec and the Maritimes
- Do not offer cross-border moves
Why do we recommend 2 Burley Men for your move in Banff?
MovingWaldo recommends 2 Burley Men as they continuously provide the best possible service in the moving industry. With over a decade of experience catering to various clients daily, they assure to accommodate any demands from customers. Their 95% referral rate is a testament to how they have gained customers’ trust over the years. 2 Burley Men have also proven their worth and expertise in the industry through their awards like the best mover in Victoria recognition they received from the annual Victoria News consumer survey.
3. Bow Valley Moving Company
4.6 stars based on 24 reviews from around the web
Bow Valley Moving Company was founded in 2004, and has moved thousands of customers in their 16 years of existence. This company is dedicated to providing locals with the right services to make moves smooth and easy, no matter how large or small they are.
Services offered in Banff
- Residential and commercial moves
- Local moves (Greater Montreal area, including Montreal, West Island, Laval and Longueil)
- Assembly of home and office furniture
BBB Bureau Rating
In Business Since
Banff, Okanagan, Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island
- The company is one of the few that can support you with estate distributions
- They offer commercial and residential moving services
- You can book online easily through their website
- The company does not specialize in moves right across Canada, only to select areas
- They do not offer storage options
195 Morraine Road, Canmore, AB T1W 1J6
Moving is often synonymous of stress, long administrative tasks and a significant waste of time and money. MovingWaldo helps you solve all these problems in just a few clicks! After some shameless self-promotion, we invite you to discover our free moving tools available to all.
- Update your address on all your accounts
- Connect the Internet, TV and phone.
- Secure home and auto insurance
- Find resources, checklists and more.
We bring together more than 700 organizations across Canada with a single and simplified form.
Other Moving Companies in Alberta
Visit our shop for moving supplies
Frequently Asked Questions about Moving
When is the cheapest time to move?
In general, it is cheaper to move in the middle of the week, in the middle of the month, and during the winter.
Moving prices change a lot throughout the year. Like Uber, the more demand there is, the higher the prices are. The general rules to get a discounted rate are:
- It is usually cheaper to move during the week than during the weekend. For instance, some companies will have a different hourly rate on Wednesday than on Saturday. This is likely due to the fact that people avoid taking time off from work to move, hence, there is more demand on weekends.
- Moving in the middle of the month is likely to be cheaper than moving on the last or first day of the month. This is due to the fact that most leases are renewed on the first day of the month, hence, there is more demand on this day.
- Moving during the winter is usually cheaper. December, January or February are most likely less expensive months. April to September is often more expensive since it coincides with the end and the beginning of the school year.
Note: Are you moving in Quebec? The moving rates over the weekend of Canada Day can go as high as three times the normal rate. How’s that possible you say? Most of Quebec’s lease agreements end on July 1rst. Quebecers call it Moving Day.
How many movers will I need?
Usually, a moving company will provide 2 or 3 movers. The number will depend on the company politics as well as the size of the move.
For instance, if you are moving from a one or two-bedroom apartment without large appliances, two movers will likely do it. On the contrary, if you are moving a house, 3 movers will be a better option.
If the moving company charge by the hour, the total hourly rate will be higher if there are 3 movers. This said, your move could also take less time, and the movers are less likely to accidentally scratch some furniture out of tiredness.
How many hours should I plan for my move?
For a same city move, the minimum will be 3 to 4 hours, but it is likely to be more than this. A two-bedroom apartment can take 4 to 6 hours, and a complete home could go up to 10 hours. Keep in mind that many things can influence the number of hours a move will take:
- The number of movers, usually 2 or 3.
- The number of boxes and furniture. Boxes are fast to move around, but appliances, sofas and specialty items can take a while. If a piece of furniture does not fit the stairs, for instance, you can count up to an hour to take it out through the balcony.
- On what level is your home located? Moving from the tenth floor will take more time.
- How long will it take for the movers to drive from their office, to your current home, then to your new home, and finally go back to the office? Most movers charge from door to door.
Try to evaluate how many trips will the movers need to load and unload everything, then estimate the time for each run. Finally, add the travel time and you should have a first approximation.
How much does it cost to hire a moving company?
Moving services rate are usually around 60$ to 80$ per hour per man. For instance, at $60 per hour, a 6 hours – 2 men move would cost 720$. You would then need to add gas, insurance, and tip.
Here is some sample data. Please make sure to get a proper quote to budget your move, as every move is different!
- Two-bedroom townhouse between $870 and $1,015
- Two-bedroom apartment with an elevator between $870 and $1,160
- Three-bedroom house around $1,600
- Four-bedroom home around $2,300.
Read our full article on the cost of moving.
What should I consider when choosing a moving company?
Selecting a mover is always a tricky thing to do. Since you do not move every year, you usually never had experience with the mover we end up selecting. There are rarely very poor decision, but here are a few things to consider that will help you make an appropriate choice:
Make sure the moving company offers insurance for your belongings.
Look for the BBB Rating. A BBB rating is a measure of customer satisfaction. The highest, the better. Note that not all companies use this rating.
Look for the Canadian Association of Movers (CAM) accreditation. Again, not all companies participate, but it can be a good source of credibility.
How long have they been in business? It is often a great thing when a company is in business for 50 years. We are not saying that young companies are not good, but harder to evaluate.
Where are they located? The closest to you and your new home, the cheaper it will be.
Do they hire full-time employees, or work with contractors? Full-time employees will often give you a guarantee that the reviews are relevant to the team.
Look for reviews from friends and family or turn to online reviews. Take the time to read the reviews and understand it.
Make sure you get more than one moving company quote!
How much should I tip movers?
First, let’s settle it. Yes, you should tip movers, especially if they did a great job and were respectful of you and your furniture. Moving is not an easy job!
- For an average or small size move of 3 to 4 hours, a reasonable tip would be $25 per mover.
- For a larger move, or if it is a very hot day for instance, do not hesitate to go up to $50 per mover.
- In addition to tips, movers are likely to appreciate non-alcoholic beverages, such as water or Gatorade, or small snacks during the course of the move.
- It is usually recommended to tip at the end when paying the final bill.
- Final note: Reviews. The moving industry is not easy, and online reviews are very important for these companies and also for other families that will be seeking their services later on. Share your experience!
For more information, ready our full post here on how much to tip movers.
Should I hire professional movers or rent a moving truck?
There are a number of things to consider before deciding to hire professional movers or moving by yourself, but the quick answer is: hiring movers is definitely a simpler choice, but will often be more expensive. Here are the things to consider:
- What are you moving? Do you only have a few boxes to move, or are you moving a full-size home with a piano and pool table? Try imagining yourself moving the largest piece of furniture, could you do it?
- To the first point, how is your physical health? Moving is hard on the body, and you surely do not want to break your back over the cost of moving. Hire movers if you think the effort could be too much.
- Are you on a tight schedule, are can you move furniture over a week or a month? The more time you have, the easier it is to do it yourself.
- Do you have specialty items, such as a pool table, a spa or a piano? These are expensive and need technical skills to be moved without properly. Make sure to get professional movers.
What are 5 tips for a perfect move in Banff?
- Plan your move. The more planning, the better.
- Take measurement at your current and new address. Make sure everything fits.
- Create a Google Drive with all reservations, quotes, lists, insurance, and documents related to your move.
- Label your boxes!
- Always double confirm every reservation.
For MovingWaldo’s ultimate printable moving checklist, click here!
Share this article on social media
Relevant for your move
Need help moving?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving platform and find everything you need for your move. No sign up required!