Top 5 Best Moving Companies Edmonton - Find The Perfect Moving Company Near Me.
Few things in life are as stressful as moving – whether it is a residential home, an office, or a storage locker, packing everything you own in a logical, safe, and organized way is always difficult (and that’s if everything goes to plan). A good mover in Edmonton who offers a fair price, treats your belongings with care and respect and works efficiently is essential to your move being successful. But how do you find one of these? The internet contains a labyrinth of review sites all providing conflicting reports on the quality or lack of quality for the various moving companies, making it exceedingly difficult to separate the good from the bad.
At MovingWaldo we wanted to help guide people through this maze, which is why we collated information about the best Edmonton movers – presenting an easy comparison that allows you to see clearly.
Planning a move without unpleasant surprises goes beyond selecting the right movers. From today to moving day, be on top of your game by asking the right questions, validate key information and plan for the trivial things. Choose one of our curated moving companies today and download this step-by-step guide for everything else you need to know.
Wrong location? Find curated movers for your area here.
MovingWaldo’s List of The 5 Best Movers in Edmonton
2022 - Best Moving Companies in Edmonton, AB according to the reviews found on the web
What is MovingWaldo?
MovingWaldo is Canada’s #1 Free Moving Concierge Service. Since 2016, we help millions of Canadians tackle moving tasks in minutes. We care to take the stress away from moving by offering free tools, tips and tricks and referral of service providers that you can trust. MovingWaldo is everything moving under the same roof!
How are moving companies selected?
Our network of movers you can trust is carefully built based on professionalism, years of experience, accreditation, awards and social proofs from customers. We care to help you through the maze of information the web provides about this unique industry. You can trust the movers listed here to guide you and your family safely into moving day!
Are you a good moving company?
4.6 stars based on 380+ reviews from around the web
Discounts and specials available
Action Moving & Storage is a family owned and operated business- specializing in residential, commercial and office moves in Edmonton, Alberta. Action Moving has been in business for over 30 years under the same management, and all their movers are full time, fully trained, reliable professionals. They take pride in offering courteous and prompt service as customer satisfaction has always been their top priority, resulting in thousands of repeat customers in Edmonton. Action Moving has fully equipped 5 and 7-ton trucks ready to handle any move and relocation requirements. In addition, they provide convenient and secure storage containers for your furniture and other belongings should you require for your move in Edmonton.
Services offered in Edmonton by Action Moving & Storage
• Local Moving
• Long Distance Moving
• Residential Moving
• Commercial Moving
• Office Moving
• Piano Moving
• Storage services
• Secure Storage
• Boxes and Packing Materials
• Packing Services
• Free In-Home Estimates
• Free Phone Estimates
$149 -159/hour for 2 men and the truck and $189-199/hour for 3 men and the truck
BBB Bureau Rating
In Business Since
Edmonton, Alberta and all of Western Canada.
- Offers a free, no-obligation initial estimate
- Regularly offers promotions and coupons for discounts on future moves
- Does not do cross-border relocations
Why should I choose this moving company in Edmonton?
Action Moving and Storage pride themselves on being expert movers in Edmonton, AB. Indeed, if you require a move within this area, Action Moving is the company to hire. With a very high satisfaction rating from customers, and a high percentage of repeat customers, combined with multiple awards and BBB rating of A+, there is no doubt that you can trust this company to handle any kind of residential or office move for you.
4.1 stars based on 2000+ reviews from around the web
Established by Scott Burley and his son Josh in 2009, 2 Burley Men Moving is a BC-based moving company providing local and long-distance moves, along with moving supplies and storage services. Since the process caters to moving valuables, the company carries industry-standard insurance and assures well-trained and insured movers through the Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB). Also, all vehicles undergo regular maintenance to avoid any breakdowns during the move. Its fleet is constantly upgraded in 3, 5, and 7-ton trucks.
Services offered in Edmonton by 2 Burley Men Moving in Edmonton
- Local moves
- Long distance moves
- Moving supplies and boxes
- Cleaning with Burley Cleaning
2 men and a truck from $150/hour
BBB Bureau Rating
A (not accredited)
In Business Since
Mainly provide local moving services throughout BC (Victoria, Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Kelowna, and surrounding areas) and Alberta (Calgary, Edmonton, and surrounding areas).
- 95% customer referral rate
- Free quotes by phone and email
- Great reviews from reliable websites
- All vehicles are constantly up for regular maintenance and upgrading
- Carries industry standard insurance
- Limited number of services
- Do not offer long distance moves to Quebec and the Maritimes
- Do not offer cross-border moves
Why choose 2 Burley Men Moving for your move in Edmonton?
MovingWaldo recommends 2 Burley Men as they continuously provide the best possible service in the moving industry. With over a decade of experience catering to various clients daily, they assure to accommodate any demands from customers. Their 95% referral rate is a testament to how they have gained customers’ trust over the years. 2 Burley Men have also proven their worth and expertise in the industry through their awards like the best mover in Victoria recognition they received from the annual Victoria News consumer survey.
4.8 stars based on 975+ reviews from around the web
Metropolitan Movers is one of the best-known moving companies active across Canada. They offer a variety of services at reasonable rates. Being present on the market since 2010 the company offers a stress-free full-moving and packing service for all commercial and residential clients. Their sales agents and customer service are available to answer all your moving questions with a click of a button on their main page. Metropolitan Movers are verified and reliable in the moving industry. Their service includes home and business moving, packing and various storage facilities to accommodate all types of unique moving situations.
Moving Services offered by Metropolitan Movers
- Residential local moves
- Long-distance moves
- Cross-border moves
- Cross-country moves
- Specialized item moves (piano & more)
- Junk removal
- Express moves (last-minute)
- Office and commercial moves
- Commercial storage
- Temporary and long-term storage
- Packing and unpacking
- Assembly and disassembly
Starting from $99 to $150 per hour for two movers (excluding truck)
BBB Bureau Rating
In Business Since
Local moves in Ontario, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia. Long-distance moves between and within those provinces and to Quebec as well. Cross-border moves to Miami and NYC from Toronto only.
- Free quotes online and by phone
- 94% customer referral rate
- Great reviews from trusted websites
- Online live chat support
- Transparent pricing
- Minimum of three hours per move required
- Cross-border moves are only available to Miami and New York and only from Toronto
MovingWaldo above all recommends Metropolitan Movers for their dedication to providing the best customer service in the industry. With their 94% customer referral rate and hundreds of excellent online reviews, hiring Metropolitan Movers is a no-brainer. They’re always looking for innovative ways to improve themselves and make moves easier for their customers. Metropolitan Movers offers a multitude of services that can meet anyone’s moving requirements. On top of it all they provide transparent pricing and are open 7 days a week in most locations.
4.6 stars based on 118 reviews from around the web
Large moving and storage container company with numerous locations
BigSteelBox is a Canadian-owned and operated container moving and storage company that makes moving and storage feel better! They can move you across town, or across Canada. Their local moving price includes the 1-month rental of a 20′ BigSteelBox, so you can pack at your pace, and all movements of the container. Plus, if you need storage in between homes that’s no problem because storage is built right into their moving service and easy to add on.
From their storage facilities near you, they’re able to provide moving services and portable storage container rentals and sales to residential and business customers in Canada. Whether you need secure storage at home or on the job site, or you’re moving to a new home, BigSteelBox can help.
Services offered in Edmonton by BigSteelBox
- Local Moving
- Long Distance Moving
- Commercial Moving & Storage
- Container Moving
- Storage at Your Home
- Storage at their Location
- Boxes and Packing Supplies
- Packing Services
- Free Quotes
Is a Moving Container the right choice for my move ?
- I have an available parking space or equivalent to put the Moving Container for at least a few days at each location.
- I am aware that a BigSteelBox is best for single-family homes.
- I understand it will offer me the flexibility to pack and load at my pace and leisure.
If yes, a Moving Container is a great option for you!
From $ 794*
* Price includes the 1-month rental of a 20′ BigSteelBox, empty delivery, movement of the container to your new home, and empty pick up. Price is subject to change without notice and does not include taxes. Price is based on moves within the local service area and varies depending on the cities. Additional charges may apply to frieght for customers outside the local service area.
Type of containers
Interior Space (cu. ft.)
Clearance Area Required
20’ x 8’ x 8.6’
2 – 4
At least 70’
10’ x 8’ x 8.6’
At least 70’
8’ x 8’ x 7.6
At least 70’
* BigSteelBox also has a larger 40’ container option, but this cannot be transported when full (it can only be used for stationary storage).
BBB Bureau Rating
In Business Since
Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
- Multiple locations across Canada
- Offers storage in between homes
- Moving containers are extremely secure
- Take your time packing
- Limited service for condo/apartment buildings*
- Packing/loading service an additional cost
- Insurance coverage is not offered during transport nor storage. Contact your insurance company for more information.
*Unless you have space for the container for at least one month.
Why do we recommend BigSteelBox for your move in Edmonton?
As a moving and storage container company, BigSteelBox is unique in its kind! They believe it’s their job to own your moving problem, reduce your effort, and care more than you expect. They genuinely care about giving their customers a great experience because they want you to feel better about moving.
With locations across Canada, backed by a Canadian call centre, BigSteelBox can help make your local or long distance moving experience feel seamless. When you move with a BigSteelBox moving container you’ll enjoy predictable pricing, extra time and flexibility to pack and unpack, and the built-in option of secure storage in between homes. Their caring staff will answer all your questions and do everything they can to put your mind at ease throughout the moving process.
4051 84 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6B 2Z3
4.7 stars based on 591 reviews from around the web
As the name implies, this moving company is a company with a big heart. They always have the client’s best interest in mind, and they have a community focused vision for the company. Two Small Men provides quality service for every dollar that you pay. They charge only for the service that you receive and not a cent more. Besides the standard moving services, Two Small Men also offer a wide array of additional services to make your home or office move an overall better experience.
Services offered in Edmonton by Two Small Men with Big Hearts
- Protection of office equipment
- Expert handling of electronics
- Protection and organization of client information
- Minimal loss of working hours for your business
- Specialized equipment for the prevention of contamination
$125 per hour
BBB Bureau Rating
A+ (Accredited since 2011)
In Business Since
Offices are located in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Manitoba and British Columbia
- Offers item donation services for things you no longer need
- Highly trained electronic equipment movers
- Meticulous labelling of all boxes and equipment
- Excellent after-service management in case of claims
- Services are exclusive to Canada locations only.
Why do we recommend Two Small Men with Big Hearts for your move in Edmonton?
Two Small Men with Big Hearts are all you need to complete any kind of move within Canada. With more than 30 years of experience moving offices and commercial establishments, they have refined their process of relocation so that you no longer have anything to be anxious about whenever you need to relocate. Their movers are professional, punctual and, courteous, and they are extremely careful in handling all kinds of items. Two Small Men is certainly a highly recommended company for office moves.
14630 128 Ave NW #2B, Edmonton, AB T5L 3H7
There are many mover services near Edmonton, Alberta that can help you move into your new condominium or townhouse. Any of these full stack movers cover the most popular areas in the city like Strathcona, Aspen Gardens, Greenfield or all the way to Queen Alexandra. To get competitive cost per hour, our algorithm has established this listing of the 5 best moving companies in Edmonton. Follow MovingWaldo top picks and get the best clients experience possible. If you do not find what you are looking for in this list, you should know that the city of Edmonton has other well-rated moving companies to offer. For example, you could investigate movers like AMJ Campbell, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® who can also help you move your furniture from anywhere in Alberta to your new home in Edmonton or simply give you a hand with a bed.
Prices, availability, ratings and reviews may all vary over time. MovingWaldo does its best to provide accurate data and information, but cannot be held responsible for any information regarding the companies featured in this article.
What’s the BBB? BBB stands for Better Business Bureau and is a North-American organisation whose mission is to help buyers and sellers trust each other. Its rating is based on the number of complaints that a company may receive and how the company handles these complaints. We try to always recommend companies that have A- or higher ratings.
What’s CAM? CAM stands for Canadian Association of Movers. It’s Canada’s only trade association for movers whose goal is to help its members evolve in the industry, while setting a standard of ethics and practices for moving companies in Toronto, Ontario and everywhere in Canada. While it is a great way to gain credibility, not all moving companies are part of CAM.
Other Moving Companies in Alberta
Visit our shop for moving supplies
Moving is often synonymous of stress, long administrative tasks and a significant waste of time and money. MovingWaldo helps you solve all these problems in just a few clicks! After some shameless self-promotion, we invite you to discover our free moving tools available to all.
- Update your address on all your accounts
- Connect the Internet, TV and phone.
- Secure home and auto insurance
- Find resources, checklists and more.
We bring together more than 700 organizations across Canada with a single and simplified form.
Frequently Asked Questions about Moving
When is the cheapest time to move?
In general, it is cheaper to move in the middle of the week, in the middle of the month, and during the winter.
Moving prices change a lot throughout the year. Like Uber, the more demand there is, the higher the prices are. The general rules to get a discounted rate are:
- It is usually cheaper to move during the week than during the weekend. For instance, some companies will have a different hourly rate on Wednesday than on Saturday. This is likely due to the fact that people avoid taking time off from work to move, hence, there is more demand on weekends.
- Moving in the middle of the month is likely to be cheaper than moving on the last or first day of the month. This is due to the fact that most leases are renewed on the first day of the month, hence, there is more demand on this day.
- Moving during the winter is usually cheaper. December, January or February are most likely less expensive months. April to September is often more expensive since it coincides with the end and the beginning of the school year.
Note: Are you moving in Quebec? The moving rates over the weekend of Canada Day can go as high as three times the normal rate. How’s that possible you say? Most of Quebec’s lease agreements end on July 1rst. Quebecers call it Moving Day.
How many movers will I need?
Usually, a moving company will provide 2 or 3 movers. The number will depend on the company politics as well as the size of the move.
For instance, if you are moving from a one or two-bedroom apartment without large appliances, two movers will likely do it. On the contrary, if you are moving a house, 3 movers will be a better option.
If the moving company charge by the hour, the total hourly rate will be higher if there are 3 movers. This said, your move could also take less time, and the movers are less likely to accidentally scratch some furniture out of tiredness.
How many hours should I plan for my move?
For a same city move, the minimum will be 3 to 4 hours, but it is likely to be more than this. A two-bedroom apartment can take 4 to 6 hours, and a complete home could go up to 10 hours. Keep in mind that many things can influence the number of hours a move will take:
- The number of movers, usually 2 or 3.
- The number of boxes and furniture. Boxes are fast to move around, but appliances, sofas and specialty items can take a while. If a piece of furniture does not fit the stairs, for instance, you can count up to an hour to take it out through the balcony.
- On what level is your home located? Moving from the tenth floor will take more time.
- How long will it take for the movers to drive from their office, to your current home, then to your new home, and finally go back to the office? Most movers charge from door to door.
Try to evaluate how many trips will the movers need to load and unload everything, then estimate the time for each run. Finally, add the travel time and you should have a first approximation.
How much does it cost to hire a moving company?
Moving services rate are usually around 60$ to 80$ per hour per man. For instance, at $60 per hour, a 6 hours – 2 men move would cost 720$. You would then need to add gas, insurance, and tip.
Here is some sample data. Please make sure to get a proper quote to budget your move, as every move is different!
- Two-bedroom townhouse between $870 and $1,015
- Two-bedroom apartment with an elevator between $870 and $1,160
- Three-bedroom house around $1,600
- Four-bedroom home around $2,300.
Read our full article on the cost of moving.
What should I consider when choosing a moving company?
Selecting a mover is always a tricky thing to do. Since you do not move every year, you usually never had experience with the mover we end up selecting. There are rarely very poor decision, but here are a few things to consider that will help you make an appropriate choice:
Make sure the moving company offers insurance for your belongings.
Look for the BBB Rating. A BBB rating is a measure of customer satisfaction. The highest, the better. Note that not all companies use this rating.
Look for the Canadian Association of Movers (CAM) accreditation. Again, not all companies participate, but it can be a good source of credibility.
How long have they been in business? It is often a great thing when a company is in business for 50 years. We are not saying that young companies are not good, but harder to evaluate.
Where are they located? The closest to you and your new home, the cheaper it will be.
Do they hire full-time employees, or work with contractors? Full-time employees will often give you a guarantee that the reviews are relevant to the team.
Look for reviews from friends and family or turn to online reviews. Take the time to read the reviews and understand it.
Make sure you get more than one moving company quote!
How much should I tip movers?
First, let’s settle it. Yes, you should tip movers, especially if they did a great job and were respectful of you and your furniture. Moving is not an easy job!
- For an average or small size move of 3 to 4 hours, a reasonable tip would be $25 per mover.
- For a larger move, or if it is a very hot day for instance, do not hesitate to go up to $50 per mover.
- In addition to tips, movers are likely to appreciate non-alcoholic beverages, such as water or Gatorade, or small snacks during the course of the move.
- It is usually recommended to tip at the end when paying the final bill.
- Final note: Reviews. The moving industry is not easy, and online reviews are very important for these companies and also for other families that will be seeking their services later on. Share your experience!
For more information, ready our full post here on how much to tip movers.
Should I hire professional movers or rent a moving truck?
There are a number of things to consider before deciding to hire professional movers or moving by yourself, but the quick answer is: hiring movers is definitely a simpler choice, but will often be more expensive. Here are the things to consider:
- What are you moving? Do you only have a few boxes to move, or are you moving a full-size home with a piano and pool table? Try imagining yourself moving the largest piece of furniture, could you do it?
- To the first point, how is your physical health? Moving is hard on the body, and you surely do not want to break your back over the cost of moving. Hire movers if you think the effort could be too much.
- Are you on a tight schedule, are can you move furniture over a week or a month? The more time you have, the easier it is to do it yourself.
- Do you have specialty items, such as a pool table, a spa or a piano? These are expensive and need technical skills to be moved without properly. Make sure to get professional movers.
What are 5 tips for a perfect move in Edmonton?
- Plan your move. The more planning, the better.
- Take measurement at your current and new address. Make sure everything fits.
- Create a Google Drive with all reservations, quotes, lists, insurance, and documents related to your move.
- Label your boxes!
- Always double confirm every reservation.
For MovingWaldo’s ultimate printable moving checklist, click here!
Share this article on social media
Relevant for your move
Living in Edmonton vs. Montreal: Where Should You Live? The largest city in the far north of Canada and the capital of Alberta, Edmonton, is a thriving urban hub in the middle of a wilderness. The
So, you’ve probably heard about the big truck rental company, U-Haul, right? Well, did you know that they are not your only option when it comes to renting a moving truck? Moving is already very stressful
Situated on the North Saskatchewan River, there is the beautiful metropolitan city of Edmonton. It is the capital of the province of Alberta, bearing a population of 1,461,000. The city has an area of over 684 Km2 and stands as Alberta’s second-largest, and Canada’s fifth-largest municipality. The city is recognized as an educational, cultural, and governmental center. The city holds a year-round slate of festivals which has dubbed it the nickname of ‘The Festival City of Canada’.
Action Moving: Reviews, Pricing, Services & More! Action Moving and Storage is a professional, reliable, and affordable moving and storage company in Edmonton. Since 1988, Action Moving and Storage has served clients across Western Canada, helping
Living in Edmonton vs. Vancouver: Where Should You Live? Edmonton, often called the “Festival City,” is famous for hosting art and history festivals almost every summer weekend. With 325 days of sunshine, it boasts maximum sunny
Need help moving?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving platform and find everything you need for your move. No sign up required!