A Full Review of 1-800-GOT-JUNK?: Pricing & What They Take
When moving, there’s often a lot of junk you’re stuck with because you can’t sell it nor can you donate it. It’s either too heavy to move out of the house or too beat up to post online. Hiring a junk removal service is easy because they’ll remove your junk right from where it’s located and you won’t have to lift a finger. Founded over 30 years ago, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? is the world’s largest junk removal company, operating across two continents. Keep reading for a full review of their services.
Review of 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
1-800-GOT-JUNK? Business Model
1-800-GOT-JUNK? is the world’s largest professional junk removal company. It operates in over 160 locations in three countries — Canada, The United States, and Australia.
“We make junk disappear; all you have to do is point” — Brian Scudamore, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Founder & CEO
1-800-GOT-JUNK? helps you get rid of all your unwanted items.. Old furniture, appliances, electronics, tires, construction debris, if two of their truck team members can lift it, they will make it disappear.
People can easily accumulate junk, but they don’t always know what to do with it. Maybe they don’t have a pickup truck or a way to take it to the dump. This is where 1-800-GOT-JUNK? comes in.
You can hire 1-800-GOT-JUNK? in the following cases:
- Moving — If you don’t want to pay extra for moving unwanted items to your new place.
- Renovation — If you don’t want the backyard to be filled with unwanted renovation waste like asphalt shingles,or plywood..
- Residential Clean Outs — If you want to free up some space by getting rid of household junk like that old couch no one uses in your basement.
- Disasters — Floods, hurricanes, and storms can wreak havoc. You can hire 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to clean up debris caused by weather events safely and efficiently.
- Storage Units — Storage units often get filled with unnecessary items, leaving no space to store items that actually have a purpose. To help avoid this scenario, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? offers storage unit cleanup and junk removal.
Being the world’s largest junk-removal franchise, they have thousands of junk haulers who drive hundreds of trucks. The business started as “The Rubbish Boys” back in 1989 when Brian Scudamore bought an old beat up pickup truck for $700 to start hauling away people’s junk.
Today, they’re a $300 million business with junk-removal franchises in roughly 160 locations in the U.S., Canada, and Australia under Scudamore’s O2E Brands umbrella. O2E Brands is the parent company of 1-800-GOT-JUNK? along with house-painting company WOW 1 DAY PAINTING and home-detailing business Shack Shine.
A junk-hauling truck rumbling along a McDonald’s drive-thru is what inspired the 1-800-GOT-JUNK? founder to work on this idea. His 3Ps (passion, partying, and productivity) approach to achieving milestones has helped the company scale up exponentially.
1-800-GOT-JUNK? is one of the best junk removal companies in the market. They offer full-service junk removal, clean up your space afterwards, and recycle or donate most of the junk.
Here is a list of all the services offered by 1-800-GOT-JUNK?:
- Residential cleanouts
- Renovation cleanup
- Attic, basement & crawl cleanup
- Garage, carport & shed cleanup
- Pre & Post Moving junk removal
- Disaster debris cleanup
- Estate clean out
- Commercial cleanup for businesses
1-800-GOT-JUNK? gives you three options:
- Single item pricing: Set prices for a singular item, like a TV or mattress
- Truck volume pricing: Based on how much space your items take up in the truck, from ⅛, ¼, ½, ¾ of a truckload, all the way up to a full truckload.
- Heavy material pricing: For materials that have a heavy cubic weight like dirt, concrete, and gravel, pricing is based on the total volume that the material takes up in the truck, up to a maximum of one foot in height for a full truck.
The latter is used for most loads. The prices also vary from city to city due to disposal fees, gas prices, and other regional factors. The price covers everything from loading to cleanup and disposal.
MovingWaldo Exclusive Offer
Save 10$ on your next junk removal by using promo code WALDO.
How to Book an Appointment With 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
You can call at 1-800-468-5865 to book an appointment with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? or visit their website and follow the below steps.
- Visit 1-800-GOT-JUNK? and press Book an Appointment.
- Enter your Postal Code or Zip Code and check if the services are available in your area.
- List the items that you want to dispose of and pick a date & time.
- Fill in personal details and finalize the appointment.
- The 1-800-GOT-JUNK? team will call ahead to confirm your appointment and verify other details.
- The truck team members will arrive at your place, look at your junk, and give you a free no obligation estimate based on how much space your items take up in the truck. If you want to proceed with the removal, the truck team members will get started right away! If not, just say NO thank you, and they’ll be on their way — no extra charges.
1-800-GOT-JUNK?: What Do They Take?
Are you planning to buy a new TV? Do you know what you are going to do with the old one? You can’t just throw it away in your trash bin. The 1-800-GOT-JUNK? TV removal service will help you free up space in your living room while ensuring that the old TV is disposed of and recycled correctly. 1-800-GOT-JUNK? can help you with so much more than just TV removal!
1-800-GOT-JUNK? takes just about anything, as long as it’s non-hazardous — ranging from old residential junk to recurring commercial junk. Here’s a list of what 1-800-GOT-JUNK? takes and doesn’t take.
What 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Takes
What 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Doesn’t Take
Does 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Take Paint Cans?
1-800-GOT-JUNK paint cans removal depends on local regulations. It is often required that the paint is fully dried before the junk-removal professional can dispose of it.
What Does 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Do With the Junk?
1-800-GOT-JUNK? takes your junk away from the property and does their best to keep items out of the landfill by donating and recycling the recyclables as much as they can.
Usable furniture, books, clothing, sports equipment, food, and household goods are donated to local charities whenever possible. The rest of the junk goes to a landfill, composting facilities, recycling plants, and incinerators.
The bottom line is: Where your junk goes depends on what it is. If it’s something useful, it is donated. If not, it is recycled or taken to a landfill.
Does 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Donate?
Yes, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? donates items to local charities whenever possible. The junk is sorted at transfer stations and then sent on to other facilities, being reused, repurposed, or recycled as much as possible.
1-800-GOT-JUNK? Contact Information
1-800-GOT-JUNK? Phone Number
1-800-GOT-JUNK Phone Number is 1-800-568-4865 across Canada and the USA.
Find a 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Near Me
To find a 1-800-GOT-JUNK? location near you, enter your Postal Code or Zip Code for the nearest location.
1-800-GOT-JUNK? has 160 franchises locations across Canada, USA, and Australia. For a full list of franchise locations click here. Keep reading for a short list of some of their franchise locations!
How to Get a 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Discount
1-800-GOT-JUNK? Discount With MovingWaldo
1-800-GOT-JUNK? recognizes MovingWaldo as a trusted partner in the moving industry. We’ve partnered with 1-800-GOT-JUNK to give you a $10 discount on your junk removal. To get the discount follow the steps below:
- Visit 1-800-GOT-JUNK? website and press Book an Appointment
- Check availability and fill in personal details
- Use the promo code “WALDO” to save 10$
1-800-GOT-JUNK? AAA Discount
- To get the AAA Discount (available in US only), go to 1-800-GOT-JUNK? website and click on Book an appointment.
- The team will arrive at your place, look at your junk, and give you an exact estimate.
- After getting an estimate from the crew members, present your AAA card and get a 10% off the total price.
1-800-GOT-JUNK? is one of the best junk removal services in the region. Your junk will be in the right hand if you opt for their services. What makes 1-800-GOT-JUNK? so good is the same-day service, 24/7 customer support, and nationwide availability. Moreover, their commitment to not sending unnecessary items to the landfill is what sets them apart from other junk removers.
If you’re ready to clear out your home, use our promo code ‘’WALDO’’ and get a special discount!
Share this article on social media
Relevant for your move
Tiny Houses in Canada: Designs, Costs, Regulations & More! The real estate market in Canada has been growing steadily in recent years. In order to acquire a property of their own, Canadians are increasingly interested in
Moving Company Scams: How to tell if a Moving Company is a Scam If you are planning on moving soon, you will need to hire a trustworthy moving company. But with so many moving companies scamming
Need help moving?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving platform and find everything you need for your move. No sign up required!